The Fox Fence by Walters Fencing in Kootingal, New South Wales.
Walters Fencing gave Australian Fencing Awards some key information on The Fox Fence.
Challenges involved in the project
- Constructing a fox proof fence just inside an existing boundary that couldn't be disturbed meant limited vehicle access, and the requirement for large gates meant they were built from scratch.
- Anti digging netting was laid out first along the ground then the fence was punched through it and built over the top.
- Running a hotwire around the top created the challenge of welding insulators to the post caps.
Products used on the project
- A special 1800mm netting dispensing trolley was built just for this job due to limited vehicle access.
- Walters Fencing wire spinners, clip gun guides, and straining plates were used extensively.
- Gallagher solar energiser, Waratah plain wire, and Angas 1800mm high netting.
- 150nb gal strainer posts and custom built tieback stay systems - made in house.
Outcome of the project
- Foxes have been kept out of the henhouse! Customer was very happy and paid on time.
This project by Walters Fencing has been nominated in the Australian FENCING Awards 2021.