Brushwood Fencing at Golf Course by Brushwood Fencing Australia at Ryde Parramatta Golf Course Sydney.
Brushwood Fencing Australia gave Australian Fencing Awards some key information on their Brushwood Fencing project.
Challenges involved in the project
- One of the primary considerations given when working on golf courses is not to interfere with the golfers!
- Gaining access to the area in question early is also important and we need to avoid major fairways and especially stay off the greens. So logistics around the golf course is always a primary consideration.
- The site in question was once over grown with mature trees which had to be cleared to make way for the fencing.
- Some stumps were removed but not all, and as any fencer would know getting a decent footing close to a mature tree stump is not an easy feat, especially when you have the weight element of brushwood fencing which can be about 75kg per 2 meters dry weight.
Products used on the project
- Premium brushwood panels and loose brushwood bundles supplied by Brushwood Fencing Australia
- 40NB galvanized posts with 20NB galvanized cross rails supplied by Waratah Steel
- Galvanized fixings throughout supplied by Hardware & General
- H4 treated pine sleeper retaining walls supplied by Hardware & General
- Polythene Damp Course (better known as snake skin) as a water proof membrane to protect the top of fence as once the brushwood roll top from is installed there’s no sunlight or air flow to the top of the fence and we want to prevent it from rotting.
Outcome of the project
- We had a full team on site for the project and completed it in one day, ensuring minimal disturbance to the golfing community at Ryde Parramatta.
- The Brushwood Fence complements the natural surrounds perfectly and is very soft on the eye, it almost just blends with the environment as one, whilst at the same time creating a viable work and storage area behind the scenes for the maintenance team which is completely screened off from the players on the course.
- It was another successful project in a very timely fashion scheduled with precision and on budget.
This project by Brushwood Fencing Australia has been nominated in the Australian FENCING Awards 2021.