Hampton Style Automatic Rising Gates project by Northern Rivers Fencing
Northern Rivers Fencing gives Australian Fencing Awards some key information on their Hampton Style Automatic Rising Gates project
Challenges involved in the project
- The gates were to open inwards away from the street frontage and up a sloped driveway.
- The gates were required to open at different angles to one another and to open into different positions to maximize small parking area. This required modifications to the articulated arms on the motors, using an articulated arm with ball joint so the gate would pivot as it opened.
- The client did not want a floor mounted stop and so a very strong magnetic latch was used to lock the gates in a closed position with a custom made mounting frame to ensure the gates did not disengage with pressure such as wind. The gates were then designed to self close and required safety beams in strategic positions to enable proper function.
- The clients design guidance was very minimal with a Hampton style, double opening gate requested. The gate was designed from scratch. The client further required the automation have the capacity to link into their existing security system.
- We worked closely with other trades to ensure that conduit and cable locations were properly located and installed beneath concrete which was being poured.
Products used on the project
- In house designed and fabricated aluminium double gates (at our workshop in Ballina). Locally powder coated. BFT Italian Made Automation system with photo cells and with rising gate hinges.
Outcome of the project
Well designed, manufactured and installed project meeting and exceeding the clients expectations. The gates provided the security required while maximizing the usable driveway area.
Northern Rivers Fencing Social Media:
Northern Rivers Fencing has been nominated in the Australian FENCING Awards 2020.